https://boomeranged.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/pexels-photo-67695.jpeg 600 800 Boom http://boomeranged.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Ed-Logo-for-web2.png Boom2017-01-04 10:46:582019-05-08 14:38:32Biology Challenge: Carpe Diem Competition of the Month!
What is Biology Challenge?
- Our competition of the month is Biology Challenge, which is a competition open to 13-15 year olds. It is the junior version of the British Biology Olympiad.
- The Challenge aims to encourage student interest in biology before the time comes to make post-GCSE subject choices.
- It is an online competition, taking place in schools.
- Students will need to complete at least one of two 25 minute papers, which will be set on topics covered in most general biology courses.
- As well as knowing your course material, you will also be rewarded for demonstrating an increased knowledge of the subject through:
- Wider reading
- Watching natural history programmes
- Taking notice of news media for items of biological interest
- General awareness of our natural animal and plant life
- Pupils gaining a winning score in this competition of the month will be awarded with a Bronze, Silver or Gold certificate from the Royal Society of Biology.
- Schools can conduct the Challenge in whichever way best suits their students. As well as being able to submit their pupils’ scores to the national competition, schools will be encouraged to award their own prizes as well as making use of the certificates provided for them.
How to Enter:
- Registration is now open (teachers only) and the final deadline is 27th February 2017 .
- The challenge itself will take place online in schools between 6th and 24th March 2017.
- Ask your biology teacher to register your school via the Royal Society of Biology website.
- Registration costs £30 per school, which includes competition entry for all eligible students.
- Contact us if you have any questions 🙂