Let us know a convenient time to talk & we will call you back. Send us a message or give us a ring on 01252 368 328.
The Digital Homework Planner (DHP) is the digital planner system owned by Boomerang Education. This policy sets out the rules according to which any personal data collected from you or provided to us, will be processed.
Information collection and use:
- Data is processed by Boomerang Education in accordance with GDPR (2018).
- Data is held as necessary to fulfil the contract made between Boomerang Education and The School set out in our Data Sharing Agreement.
- While using the DHP, we may collect and use data about you, for example: written correspondence may be recorded; your records of logging into DHP; the device you are using to log in to DHP; any information that you have provided to us (by email or through our website).
- We will only store this information for as long as is necessary, in order to deal with any issues that arise when using the DHP or otherwise.
- We may also collect information from other users of the DHP, for example: Student, Parent, Teacher and School Staff information (outlined in our terms and conditions); information that is provided to us directly from the school’s MIS system via Zinet Data Solutions; any information that has been provided to us via our website
- Similarly to other online systems, we may collect information regarding your internet-enabled device.
- This information may include data such as your IP address, browser type, browser version, operating system, the pages you visit, and the times and dates you were logged in. This is statistical information about general usage of the DHP, and does not identify any individual.
- You can disable cookies by changing your browser settings. However, this could mean that certain parts of DHP may not be available or perform properly.
Data and security:
- Your information, including but not limited to; name, email address, profile picture and passwords are stored on secure servers in encrypted form. We do not disclose any of this information to anyone (unless legally obliged to do so).
- We strive to ensure your sensitive information is secure, so any sensitive information transferred between your browser and the DHP is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL). To ensure full security, your browser should be able to validate the DHP SSL certificate.
- In the unlikely event of a significant data breach which would affect your individual rights, this will be reported to you and the School.
- When you first log in to the DHP, you are provided with a password. This password can be changed at any time using your account, contacting your school admin user or contacting Boomerang Support.
- When choosing your password, it is important to choose a strong password that is not easy for a computer or someone who knows you well to guess. Adding special characters such as @, ?, !, $ can help make your password harder to guess – but also harder to remember.
- We may use your information to contact you on a marketing basis under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR) if we believe that we have a legitimate interest in providing you with relevant information, or to notify you of changes to the DHP service.
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies, which means our ultimate holding company and subsidiaries, as defined in the UK companies Act 2006.
- Data will be shared with our Data Processor, Zinet Data Solutions, in order to fulfil the contract between Boomerang Education and the School.
- Neither we nor Zinet will sell or share your personal information to third-parties, or sell any data upon the event of Boomerang Education ceasing trading.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following situations: if Boomerang Education or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party; if we sell any business or assets; if we have a duty to disclose your personal data to comply with any legal obligation; in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions; to protect the rights, property, or safety of any person.
- Your rights as a data subject include: the right of access; right to amend; right to object to profiling; right to be forgotten; right to compensation in the event of a data breach. You can exercise your right to prevent us from processing your personal data by contacting us at DHPhelp@boomerang-ed.com
- Should you require access to any information held about you, we will process your request within one month (in accordance with GDPR 2018). As such, data may be amended, varied or supplemented.
- It is free to access data the first time but after this a small fee may be applied.
Changes to this policy:
Further information about protection of personal data and GDPR:
For more information on how we use and store the data we collect, a fully comprehensive list of your rights, or to exercise one or more of your rights, please send an email to DHPhelp@boomerang-ed.com
“We are more than happy with our school diaries; they are excellent quality as ever! Thanks you again for the excellent service provided whilst ordering our diaries!”
“The turnaround from us sending you our artwork to receipt was excellent and the quality as always very good.”
Latest blog posts
- Lockdown Leavers’ Hoodies – 5 reasons why your school really needs a school hoodie in 2020November 16, 2020 - 10:10 am
- Everything You Need To Know When Creating Your School PlannerJune 28, 2020 - 8:06 pm
- 9 Tips For Creating An Awesome School YearbookApril 29, 2020 - 5:12 pm
- How Schools Can Benefit From Using A School PlannerFebruary 26, 2020 - 1:08 pm
Get in Touch
If you would like to discuss anything or if you have any questions, please contact the team: