This month, we suggest you enter the Guardian Young Critics Competition 2016.
Each month we’ll be highlighting a fabulous competition for young people. You can find our full range of competitions on the Carpe Diem page here. We also include Carpe Diem opportunities throughout our school planners, so if you’ve got a Boomerang planner, take a look!
What is Guardian Young Critics?
- The Guardian Young Critics Competition is for budding writers under the age of 18.
- All you need to do is write a 500 word review on one of these books:
- The judges will be looking for the most interesting, entertaining and thought-provoking reviews. Try to capture and express any strong reactions you felt when reading the book – positive or negative!
How do I enter?
- Once you’ve written your book review, fill out the competition entry form which you’ll find here.
- Make sure your book review reaches the Guardian team by 17th October 2016.
What are the prizes?
Ten individual winners will receive:
- A complete set of the eight books we’ve listed above
- £20 National Book Tokens gift card
- The chance to attend the Award Ceremony due to take place in London, 17th November 2016
If you have any questions or queries about entering this competition just drop us a tweet or contact us here.
PS: You can also enter this competition through your school – just ask us for more info.