The new Boomerang 2016/17 school planners showcase psychologist Carol Dweck’s groundbreaking ‘growth mindset’ concept, designed to help students thrive both in and out of school.
So What’s ‘Growth Mindset’ All About?
The theory goes, that as human beings, we have 2 principal mindsets: FIXED and GROWTH:
FIXED MINDSET TRAITS:
- heavily self-critical
- likely to avoid challenges
- ignores constructive criticism
- gives up easily
- believes that intelligence is fixed and so can’t be changed
GROWTH MINDSET TRAITS:
- thrives on challenges
- capable of growth and doesn’t expect to achieve goals immediately
- willing to put in effort
- strategic and focused approach to learning
Explore our Carpe Diem page for exciting opportunities if you’re looking to embrace a new, more positive mindset.
– Find out more in Mindset: How You Can Fulfil Your Potential, by Dr Carol S. Dweck –